NEW APPOINTMENT SYSTEM FOR SAME DAY AND ROUTINE APPOINTMENTS STARTING THURSDAY 8th JULY 2021
To ensure we are able to work efficiently and effectively we will be changing our appointment system where patients must complete an online consultation (eConsult) if they wish to have an appointment with a doctor.
eConsult enables GP practices to offer online consultations to their patients. This will allow you to submit your symptoms or requests to your GP electronically, and offers around the clock NHS self-help information, signposting to services, and a symptom checker.
We are excited to be adopting the system and hope that the use of eConsult will have many benefits to you including;
- eConsult allows you to give us information about your problem, so that when we receive your request at the practice we can ensure this is dealt with by the right person (see below) in the most efficient and timely manner
- Admin queries can be dealt with swiftly, and clinical problems will be passed to the doctor who will respond to you within 3 days.
- When the Doctor speaks to you, he/she will have a lot more information about you and the problem you wish to discuss and be able to make a plan with you over the telephone about what happens next.
- If you need to be seen face to face, this will be arranged.
- Other surgeries have found that waiting times to speak to or see a doctor have been significantly reduced. In addition you won’t have to stay on hold on the phone for long periods whilst trying to get through to our busy reception team as you will be able to provide the information at a time that is convenient to you.
eConsult DOES NOT mean that we will not speak to you or see you if we need to.
Nurse and HCA appointments are unaffected by this change but we ask that where possible you call after 10am to book your appointment.
eConsult replaces online access (Patient Access).
We recognise of course, that some patients will be unable to use eConsult for many reasons. For those that are unable to use eConsult our reception team will guide you through a series of simple questions that will provide your doctor with useful information before you speak to them. Our preferred route however will be through econsult.
Who is the right person?
- Our physiotherapists will provide brief therapeutic interventions for patients with musculoskeletal disorders where appropriate. Therefore you may be asked to see/speak to a physiotherapist instead of a GP.
- Our practice pharmacist is a specialist who can assist you with your medication queries and reviews. Our pharmacist also assists our GP’s with specific queries.
- Our practice nurses can deal with health issues such as family planning and healthy living advice. The practice nurses run clinics for long-term health conditions such as asthma or diabetes, minor ailment clinics and carry out cervical smears.
- Health care assistants (HCA’s) can provide blood pressure monitoring and chaperone services.
Please use the link below to view this excellent video which explains more about what eConsult is and what it looks like. The patient journey