Out of Hours

Out of Hours Service

Out of Hours – What To Do If You Have An Urgent Health Problem and The Surgery Is Closed.

For urgent but non-emergency situations please consider the following alternative services if you need advice and the surgery is closed:

NHS 111 Service

NHS 111 is a new service that has been introduced to make it easier for you to access local NHS healthcare services. NHS 111 assesses callers’ symptoms, gives them the healthcare advice they need or directs them straightaway to the right local service. Calls to the NHS 111 service are free to the caller from both landlines and mobile phones. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. NHS 111 is replaced the existing NHS Direct telephone service.

Information about the NHS 111 service is available at www.nhs.uk/111.

Urgent Care Centres

When the surgery is closed use your local urgent care centre if you need medical treatment or advice which does not need a visit to A&E.Your local urgent care centre can be found at Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital.

Accident and Emergency

Whatever the day or time, if you or someone else experiences severe chest pain, loss of blood or suspected broken bones, go to your nearest accident and emergency department or call 999

Your Nearest Walk-In Centre

If you believe that you or a relative requires the services of an accident and emergency department then please take him or her there or dial 999.